Duke Basketball 2014-15: From Heartbreak to the Mountain Top (The Journey of a Champion)
- Published: 03 July 2016
- A2More Productions presents "Duke Basketball 2014-15: From Heartbreak to the Mountain Top (The Journey of a Champion)." On March 21, 2014, No. 14 Mercer shocked the world by upsetting No. 3 Duke, sending the Blue Devils home after the first round of the Tournament for the second time in three years. A little over a year later, Coach K tied John Wooden by taking Duke to his 12th Final Four. During the season, the Blue Devils' mantra was "Eight is Enough," and all 8 players were certainly needed in Indy. In a game where the freshmen scored 60 out of Duke's 68 points, and every point after half time, it was unheralded freshman Grayson Allen who decided to have his coming out party. Down 9 with just under 13 minutes to go, Allen scored 8 straight points, before Tyus Jones eventually took over to seal the comeback. With Duke's 5th National Championship in the books, lone senior Quinn Cook finally got his long-awaited and much-deserved banner to hang in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Coach Mike Krzyzewski got his 5th ring, breaking a tie with Adolph Rupp for second most championships ever by a coach, now trailing only John Wooden's 10. With footage from every game played during the season, enjoy this video as you relive the magic of Duke's run towards its fifth National Championship.
1) Duke's 81-71 win over Michigan State in the Champions Classic (2:51)
2) Duke's tone-setting 80-70 win over #2 Wisconsin at the Kohl Center in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge (5:44)
3) Coach K's 1000th win, after Duke's 77-68 comeback victory against St. John's at The Garden (11:09)
4) Duke's 69-63 comeback win at then-undefeated #2 Virginia (13:30)
5) Duke's 92-90 OT victory against rival #15 UNC, after trailing by 9 with 2 minutes 25 seconds to play, and by 5 with 47 seconds left (17:49)
6) Duke's 84-77 win at #19 UNC, to complete the season sweep (22:27)
7) Duke's NCAA Tournament wins against Robert Morris (W 85-56) (25:50) // San Diego State (W 68-49) (26:29) // #19 Utah (W 63-57) (27:17) // #7 Gonzaga (W 66-52) (28:36) // #23 Michigan State (W 81-61) (31:48) // and #3 Wisconsin (W 68-63) (34:19)
Explosions In The Sky - Your Hand In Mine (remix with strings by YouTube user "greywood music")
Explosions In The Sky - First Breath After Coma
The Cinematic Orchestra - Arrival of the Birds & Transformation
Coldplay - Fix You Instrumental (Official) (by YouTube user "Kriz1642")
Instrumental Core & Really Slow Motion - Let There Be Light (Angels Among Demons)
All rights go to Duke University, Duke Basketball, ESPN, ACC Conference, ACC Network, Fox Sports, T3MediaSports, Universal Music Group, CBS and its affiliates, the NCAA and its broadcasters. I do not own the music or the footage used in this video. No copyright infringement intended. This video is non-profit, made for entertainment purposes only.
"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."